Website Select Tool Inc.
Gauges | Fixtures | Automation
Job Description: The successful candidate will be a strong mechanical designer experienced in designing tooling, gauges and fixtures. The design engineer reviews and analyzes project requirements, specification, plan, design and installation. Position is responsible for design of tooling, gauges and fixtures to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met and delivered within budget and on time.
Using established procedures, the Fixture design engineer is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product.
Reporting to: Engineer Manager – Fixtures
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designers – ability to lead 1-3 team members
- Ability to take a general concept and develop it into a finished product with little supervision
- Work to schedule time lines for efficient releases
- Communicate progress on tasks to direct supervisor
- Create detailed 3D designs and drawings
- Produce working drawings, detail drawings, and bills of materials
- Ensure our designs meet both customer and Select Tool Standards
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Solidworks experience an asset
- Collaborate with Quality on GD&T print tolerances
- Focused on technical detail while making effective contributions
- Participate in team design reviews and analysis
- Improve existing tooling to enhance performance
- Adhere to all ISO procedures pertaining to job responsibilities
- Should have strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Works with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Complies and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
- Ensures design for manufacturability.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills; new designs require interaction with Engineering, Project Management, Assembly Personnel, Vendors and Customers.
- Ability to work in fast paced / team environment
- Follow all Health and Safety procedures
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Technical School Graduate or equivalent experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Select Tool is committed to fostering a positive work environment and empowering its employees. Select Tool encourages applications from all qualified applicants and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Please contact email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org